Friday, May 8, 2009

Pictures of our Custom Homemade Crib

When my grandpa found out that my parents were going to have a baby, he got busy making his future grandchild a crib. But since my parents were told that they were going to have only one boy and were not expecting two girls, he had to hurry and make a second one when my mom had us. I guess he didn't really have to hurry since we were so small and liked to sleep in the same crib when we were really young. Anyways, all growing up I was excited cause I hoped my grandpa would make my children's crib. It has been even more exciting than I ever imagined since we were able to custom design it too! Then we found out that he was making a three-in-one bed (crib becomes toddler bed which becomes full size bed)! In the pictures there is only one that shows there are drawers under it but the drawers will be under all of the beds- the crib, toddler and full size bed. In the end it will be painted black.The first picture is of the creator- Clarence Pacheco. Second one is of the crib. Third and Fourth are of the toddler bed and fifth is of the full size bed with drawers under it. Thanks Grandpa Pacheco!






8 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

OH WOW great pics! How special is that. you can keep it forever and ever and use it forever because it can be converted ! Thats really really neat

Hollie Anderson said...

Woah, that is really cool! I want a bed like that when I have kids. (The kind that converts to toddler bed and full size bed)

Sarah F. said...

What a beautiful crib! That is amazing.

XOXOXOXO said...

Labor of Love

~Stappsters~ said...

Slick!

The Green Family said...

I LOVE it. Not only is it beautiful - but it will be something your babies will know was made for them with love. I can hardly wait to see it finished and all set up in your nursery! Betsy

Julie Brown said...

What a fortunate baby to have so many people love it SO much already! And how fortunate you are to have such an amazing Grandpa!

Ashleigh said...

congrats on the crib and happy mother's day. I hope "she" is doing well. Does she move around a lot? It's the coolest feeling in t he world, isn't it?!